Clare was engaged in a number of projects in recent years, including:
- As convener of South Cambridgeshire Stanza.
- A chairman of a local writing group, Gallery Writers.
- Working with jazz trio Red Stone on the River Gelt Project in Cumbria. Clare’s recent poems about the Gelt, entitled Green Shelter, were premiered at Tullie House in Carlisle on November 30th 2019, reading the poems with the music and an accompanying film.
- Leading Waterlight, a poetry and community film project in Cambridgeshire, with local historian and conservationist Bruce Huett and filmmaker James Murray-White, and with Meldreth and Melbourn Parishes and others.
- Running yearly ongoing poetry workshops with Meldreth Primary School Year 6, in a local woodland nature reserve.
And between 2000 and 2014, Clare provided many workshops and projects, often as part of residencies with different organisations. Here is a selection:
- Cambridge Cambridge Arts Salon: Nature Writing and the City workshops (2013-14).
- Cottenham Village College and Fen Edge Association History Society and sixth form: Poet in Residence for an Intergenerational Writing project and poem for three voices, What Lies Underneath (2010).
- Fulbourn Arts Festival: Poet in Residence with Primary Schools for Darwin Centenary, Wandering with Darwin.
- Fulbourn Hospital: Arts and Minds writing and performance.
- Lifecraft Cambridge: poetry workshop leader and facilitator for Time to Change UK (2012-2013).
- Peterborough and Fenland Mind: writing workshops.
- Sharing Stories for Inspire in Weston Colville Cambridgeshire: Writing workshops for adults, children and at Linton Village College.
- South Cambridgeshire Arts Service: workshops in primary schools for various book weeks, and in village colleges for arts weeks.
- Women Well in the Wild Workshops for Filipa Stubbs: writing in woodland.